As a company offering a wide range of bus and charter services to customers, we collect and hold a range of personal information from and about people (particularly people who use our services, or provide feedback on our services).
Collecting your Personal Information
If you are a user of services provided by us, we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with any relevant information (which may include assessing School Student Transport Scheme applications and identifying you)
- managing and administering the service
The information collected will be the minimum required to execute the service you require and will include your name, postal address, date of birth, or other information the NSW Ministry of Transport endorses or considers necessary.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This may happen when you fill out an application or an administrative form (eg, a change of address form) or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter, or through our website (eg, when making charter enquiries or bookings).
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. This might occur, for example where it is important for us to obtain personal information from a school. Customers also provide us with information through submitting travel applications, providing feedback, or booking services etc.
Using and Disclosing your Personal Information
In line with modern businesses we may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
The relevant organisations are those:
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- involved in the payments system, including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- NSW Ministry of Transport for contractual matters;
- as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities, or to protect public revenue;
- where you have given your consent.
Keeping your Personal Information Accurate and Up-To-Date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. This way we can provide you with better service. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us.
Protecting your Personal Information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements for our employees;
- document storage security policies;
- security measures for systems access;
- providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions;
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements;
access control for our buildings.